Tuesday 25 August 2015

London 8 August - Maverick scribed by John

Oh hello I say what a splendid morning!

Sqkwark ha ha I'm really getting the hang of Queens English - so different from the riffraff in the forest back home what! John & Toni seem really happy to be back in London but I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. First of all we went to a circus which I was really looking forward to, but it was just a statue and a heap of cars. I've a good mind to write to Mr Piccadilly. False advertising if you ask me. Then we went to Neals Yard and there was no sign of Neal and at Covent Garden, yes you've guessed it, not even a blade of grass. We did see some humans pretending to be statues. They paint their skin and clothes silver or gold, wear a funny hat and then only move if someone gives them money. Next to the market was an Outdoor Shop, which confused me as it was all indoors. It had a real frozen waterfall for people to practice climbing on which reminded me a bit of home then Lucy and Sam saw a New Zealand guidebook on the shelves and were amazed to find Kinloch is famous in England. We went to the biggest toy shop ever called Hamleys which had 4 floors of amazing toys and lots of very happy looking parents. The best bit of the day for me was a place called Regents Park which was huge and had heaps of exciting places for me to hop around in. The family had a picnic with some friends and relatives that they hadn't seen for ages (or ever in one case). I met some well travelled pigeons and a very well educated swan. The pigeons are really concerned about all the signs being put up telling humans not to feed them, which explains why I haven't seen bird seed in the shops around here. After the picnic we went to the open air theatre with hundreds of others to watch a musical called Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. In the trees behind the stage was a real orchestra. I loved the singing and dancing and it had a very happy ending. And I think because it hadn't rained all day, everyone stood up and clapped before they went home. Funny place London!





Covent Garden lunch 
Regents Park Leyland side - Toni with cousin Helen, cousin Sue and Auntie Pat
Hamleys shopping by Lucy Glover
g
Lucy with a new found friend Emily Clements to lead her astray in a fun way
Katrina and Chris and son Charlie, Anna and Steve and baby Elidh
John, Alison, Chris and Steve
Lucy and Sam on the tube
Mike and Valda, Helen, Steve, Sue and Uncle Joe doing magic with Sam in the corner
Auntie Pat
Sue, Helen and Toni
Magic with Uncle Joe

Watch out Chris - she's getting clucky

No comments:

Post a Comment