Wednesday 24 June 2015

Bali Big Waves - Kakapo just watching 18 June. Maverick scribed by Lucy

Squaark! It's me again, Maverick, the now famous flying kakapo. Today we hung around the villa while the kids swam and Toni did some boring accounts and John just relaxed. Wait a minute I think I'm missing something, that's right! I remember. At about lunchtime the family set out to do some extreme downhill walking. They were looking for somewhere to eat lunch, which I think is a waste of time. (They could just call a taxi) and when their mission for lunch was unsuccessful, they called a taxi and went to have lunch at a cafe in Jimbaran bay. 

By the time they arrived at the cafe  the tide was at its fullest, and the waves got as tall as 1.5 metres! The kids somehow made it through these angry waves, though Lucy turned her back on the waves. Big mistake. A metre tall wave slammed her down. Imagine that someone slapped your face. That's what it feels like when a wave hits you, or so I'm told. 

After some splashing and splashing in the waves, the food finally arrived, it looked good, though, there was some suspiciously birdlike meat on a skewer that my family dipped in peanut sauce and ate.  Other than that, there was other food like: lobster, prawns, local fish and skewered squid. I'd rather stay on a diet of berries. 

After eating the food, James and Lucy went out so far, they went past the breaking point of the waves. (If you didn't know, the breaking point is where the wave turned over) They could just float 
over the massive waves. Though, I didn't go swimming, but I guess it wouldn't be any good for my
feathers.

 When the family and I called a taxi and drove back to the villa, once again, the kids went swimming.  After about 20 minutes of swimming, Lucy decided to take some pictures at all the things that she could make out of the sarong. She is planning to make a video about it though, a sarong has hundreds of uses, so this might take hundreds of years. 

Around 5 o'clock it was cocktail hour. The family was sitting together on the roof terrace, drinking beer, gin and tonic, and sprite. After cocktail hour, they walked down to a very good restaurant. 

When they finally walked home, they fell straight asleep. (I'm meant to be nocturnal but I'm usually
awake in the day.)  

Anyway, that's all that is going information today, so I'll write again soon Squaark!

No comments:

Post a Comment