Wednesday 24 June 2015

Maverick Goes Biking in Ubud 20 June - Maverick scribed by James

It's Maverick reporting from Jaren villa in Ubud, Bali. I've got myself a new companion metal bird he's very tall and I sat on his back for the whole night and he just stood there all day. 

Today we went on a tour and the guide picked us up late. The first part I enjoyed sitting about seeing how coffee was made.  I discovered new plants that they don't have in my forest. There was a special type of coffee which makes no sense to my bird brain. People drink POO coffee - it blew me away. They also sell it commercially. It's crazy, they call it Luwak coffee. They actually feed a nocturnal, possum-like animal coffee beans.  It eats the beans and processes it -uuggghhh and then the workers clean, then dry the processed bean,. they then grind it up and turn it into coffee. They say it's a strong brew.
We got to sample different coffee's. James's favourite coffee was the vanilla.

After the coffee we go on a bike tour - no walking, no driving -  this was great..My jaw dropped when I saw the bikes that we were to use - they were awful with bent pedals, rough chain, serious clicking noises and the ungrateful cracking that happened once in a while. The track was great: the first part was uphill but I didn't mind.the hills  I was in the shoulder bag that Toni was holding. There were lots of beautiful scenes as well as smelly drains. Here was an dirt track with lots of bumps and pot holes which shook me in my stabilised shock proof hand bag. In the end we stopped at a cafe with a buffet with super food with feather rustling spices. After lunch we had a ride to the villa and I got to hang out with metal bird.  The kids splashed in the pool and the adults chilled out but the rest of the day.  At 7:30 pm it was time to leave for the airport.  I said my goodbyes to metal bird and he just sat there.  10 minutes into the ride Sam was saying. "Are we there yet"  An hour later we arrived at the airport to find another long wait and a delayed flight with changing gates.  Funnily enough we saw someone else from Glenorchy - gidday Tammy Wright!

No comments:

Post a Comment