Thursday 23 July 2015

Dr Maverick 'Suess' - On Travelling through China - Maverick Scribed by Toni

My feathers are frazzled
My mouth is all dry
My families all flustered
Some started to cry
It’s hot and it’s smoggy
It’s no fun at all
This is no holiday
I’m not having a ball

Shuss says the mother
Stop bird-stressing out
Start having fun
That’s what travels about

But

My claws they are hurting and my eyes are all sleepy
This is no holiday
It’s so hard, I feel weepy

Start being grateful for things that you’ve got.
You’ll start noticing now, that you’ve travelled a lot.

But

I’m tired and I’m hot and missing my home
My school and my friends
And the bush that I roam

Know that Travel is hard when you’re a minor
And especially hard when you’re travelling through China
No un-Chinese faces anywhere to be seen
No-one speaks English, and to help – no one’s keen
We’re a spectacle everyone wants to stare at and see
Am I looking at them? No, they’re looking at me.

Which train do we catch, it’s all hieroglyphics?
Which window to buy, card or cash or a mix?
No-one to help, tired kids, frazzled bird
What a journey to attempt – it’s pretty absurd.

But

We have a great story, we’ve learnt such a lot
If you give me a choice to travel or not.
I’ll step on the ferry, I’ll jump on that plane
And I’ll probably be ripped by the taxi again

Let me frazzle my feathers, get all sticky and hot

As long as I’m with my family, I love such a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment